The Humble Truffle Calling all chocolate connoisseurs! Did you know that chocolate truffles only took off in popularity as recently as the 1970’s across California, Switzerland and France? These humble yet highly addictive spherical shaped morsels of chocolate confectionery are traditionally made with a chocolate ganache centre and are coated in chocolate, cocoa powder or with chopped toasted nuts, most commonly hazelnut, almond or coconut).
The weather outside may be frightful but your days can still be delightful because Leonidas have re-vamped four of their most adored truffles, releasing round versions, just ahead of the party season.
This list consists of:
- Champagne Marc ~ white and milkchocolate ganache with real champagne, coated in a delicate white chocolate powder;
- Speculoos ~ milk chocolate ganache with broken pieces of speculoos, a spiced shortcrust biscuit, popular in coffee shops all over Europe;
- Dark Truffle ~ 85% chocolate ganache; and
- Classic Truffle ~ a combination of luxurious milk and dark chocolate ganache
We have packaged these classic truffles into two separate gift boxes, alongside three bran new, limited edition truffles for added wow factor.
These truly melt-in-your mouth collections include the following flavours:
- the Leonidas Almond Praline Cream ~ dark chocolate with almond praline cream and pieces of caramelised pecan nuts; and
- the Double Milk ~ extra milk chocolate, double cream and nougatine pieces
These truffle assortments are the perfect gift for Christmas for that touch of luxury. All of our Leonidas Belgian truffles contain 100% pure cocoa butter and fresh cream. Enter Truffle Utopia this Autumn, courtesy of Leonidas.