Terms & Conditions
- Hot Weather Delivery
- It is our aim to bring you the very best in Belgian chocolate and confectionery.
- Security & Privacy
- Chocolates Numbers
- Loyalty Points
- Discount codes
- Facebook Competitions Terms & Conditions
All orders received by 1.00pm will be dispatched same day, Monday to Friday.
We do not dispatch goods on a Saturday, Sunday or bank holidays.
All UK deliveries are made by Hub Europe / Evrie with the delivery time from 1 to 3 working days. At the time of dispatching your order you will receive confirmation of Completed order and tracking details.
If the recipient is not in and it is not possible to leave the item in a secure area, Evrie will make two further attempts to deliver it (the “Further Attempts”). If they’re still unable to deliver your Parcel, Evrie will return it to us.
Furthermore, please note that by leaving instructions for a delivery to be left in a specific place, it is not the responsibility of Chocolate Express if it goes missing and a replacement/refund will not be considered.
UK Delivery Area: The United Kingdom includes Scotland, England, Wales and the Channel Islands.
Hot Weather Delivery
As we hopefully look forward to an extended sunny periods, we would just like to draw your attention to the fact that the hot temperatures are not overly conducive to dispatching chocolate.
While our store is temperature and humidity controlled, once your order leaves with our couriers Evrie they are very much open to temperature fluctuations. Please note that while it might not be very hot where you are, the delivery may have to travel across most of the country to get to you, passing through many warmer climes in the process.
We can not accept responsibility for Evrie leaving your parcel in the sun/heat or melted chocolates.
If you are not happy to take the responsibility for the delivery then please leave us a dispatch date in the comments at checkout of order and we will dispatch it to you then.
It is our aim to bring you the very best in Belgian chocolate and confectionery.
We will always endeavor to despatch your order the day it’s placed (Monday to Friday, excluding bank holidays) providing your order is received by 1.00pm GMT. On the rare occasion that a product is not in stock this may not be possible. Should this happen, we will contact you to propose an alternative product of equal value.
Security & Privacy
All payments are processed through our secure site in accordance with the Standing Consumer Protection Distance Selling Regulations. We will mail you details of your order and confirmation details of payment. It is our policy not to sell or pass on any personal details. We will store and process any details you provide at the time of registering or purchasing to help support our service to you and from time to time we will provide you with details of our products and special offers.
Payment will be processed at the time of ordering. The name and billing address given must be the same as the registered name and address of the card holder. Failure to supply correct details may result in your order being delayed. In accordance with the standing Consumer Protection Distance Selling Regulations (2000), we will email you details of your order.
You may cancel your order at any time before dispatch. Should you wish to cancel your order please contact our customer services on 01534 873834.
Please note: Refunds and replacements can only be dealt with up to 31 days of purchase.
If you are dissatisfied with our products or our service we will always do our best to ensure that we resolve the problem to your satisfaction. You may cancel your order any time before it’s dispatched and we will issue a refund. Once your order has been dispatched we can only offer a refund for damaged goods as our products cannot be resold due to the freshness of the products. This applies up to 31 days from purchase date, after such time, we cannot offer a refund or replacement product.
We will ask for any damaged goods or late goods to be returned so that we will investigate the damage and or the delay, we will refund the original cost of the product or alternatively send out a replacement box to you, once we have received the original damaged order back. Please contact us before returning the goods by email on email@example.com.
Returned chocolates must be in their original packaging to:
Chocolate Express 83-85 Central Market, St Helier, Jersey JE2 4WG
We do not offer refunds for a late arrival of chocolates, however we will refund any postage paid costs on the original order.
For a missing item, after 10 days we will send out a replacement box, as a tracked service that will require a signature upon receipt.
As the nature of our product is handmade and fresh the weights and sizes of chocolates do vary, therefore, the quoted number of chocolates may vary accordingly.
Loyalty points can only be earned for customers who have set up an account and will be automatically added to your account. We reserve the right to withdraw the loyalty point scheme at any time.
Any discount seasonal codes issued to VIP customers only and will have a limited time and quantity of usage, this information will be stated on the newsletter itself.
Discount codes cannot be used in conjunction with other offers or loyalty points.
Facebook Competitions Terms & Conditions
Leonidas Jersey Facebook Page Christmas 2021 Competition Terms & Conditions
The promoter of this competition is Chocolate Express, 83-85 Central Market, Halkett Place, St Helier, JE2 4WL.
2. Chocolate Express will only process personal data you provide to us in accordance with the Data Protection (Jersey) Law 2005 and other applicable privacy laws. 3. By entering the competition you agree to the below terms and conditions, to be bound by the decisions of Chocolate Express, and to receive email notifications from Chocolate Express in relation to the competition. Entering the competition 4. The competition is open to entrants of all ages, as per Facebook age policy (and to UK residents only) 5. To enter, simply fill in the blanks for the Christmas song 12 days of Christmas mentioning the words to Leonidas chocolates in your response in the comments. Entry is open until 4 pm on Thursday 25th November 2021.
8. Employees or relatives of employees of Chocolate Express, (or any other company and/or agency connected with this competition) are not permitted to enter. 9. Only one entry per person. 10. An independent person will select the winner from all messages received which comply with entry requirements specified in clause 5. Chocolate Express will ask the prize winner to phone the shop on 01534 873834 to confirm when they would like to collect the Leonidas Advent Calendar in-store. If the prize winner does not respond by private message or telephone with confirmation of their collection by Tuesday 30th November at 12pm they will forfeit the prize. The winners will be announced publicly on the Chocolate Express Facebook Page on Friday 26th November 2021. The prize 12. One (1) winner will be selected to WIN a Leonidas Advent Calendar, worth £28.99 from Chocolate Express, Jersey. General 13. This competition is in no way sponsored, endorsed, or administered by, or associated with Facebook. Facebook has no liability in respect of this competition. All information you provide when you enter the competition is provided to Chocolate Express and not to Facebook. 14. The prize is non-transferable, non-refundable, and subject to availability. There is no cash alternative. 15. The decision of Chocolate Express is final, and binding and no correspondence will be entered into regarding the outcome of the draw. 16. No responsibility will be taken for late, lost, indecipherable, or misdirected entries or for any failure of communication resulting from incorrectly supplied information. 17. Chocolate Express reserves the right to check the validity of any entry and the identity of any entrant or winner and to refuse entry or refuse to give the prize if Chocolate Express reasonably considers the entry and/or winner to be in breach of the terms and conditions or to have otherwise acted in an inappropriate or deceitful manner. 18. Chocolate Express reserves the right at any time in its sole discretion to cancel, modify or supersede the competition if it believes, in its sole discretion, that the competition is not capable or is likely not to be capable of being conducted fairly or as specified within these terms and conditions due to events beyond its control (including, without limitation, a virus, a computer bug or unauthorised human intervention or any other cause beyond the reasonable control of Chocolate Express that could corrupt or affect the administration, security, impartiality or normal course of the competition.). 19. Nothing in these terms and conditions shall limit in any way Chocolate Express’s liability for death or personal injury caused by its negligence. Subject to that, Chocolate Express shall have no liability for any delay and/or failure to perform any obligation to the winner or other entrant that is caused by: (a)technical problems of any kind which may limit or prevent any person’s participation in the competition; (b)any loss or damage arising from or in connection with the allocation of the prize; (c)any act or omission of any third party; or (d)any other events beyond Chocolate Express’s control that may cause the competition to be disrupted or corrupted or may lead to loss of, or damage to, the prize. 20. If any of these terms and conditions is found by a court or regulator to be invalid or unenforceable the other provisions shall continue to apply. 21. We will do our best to resolve any problems relating to the competition. This promotion shall be governed by the laws of Jersey, Channel Islands
- PERSONAL IDENTIFICATION INFORMATION
- WHAT DO WE USE YOUR PERSONAL DATA FOR?
- HOW DO WE USE YOUR PERSONAL DATA?
- DO WE NEED YOUR PERSONAL DATA – AND IF SO – WHY?
- HOW LONG WILL YOUR PERSONAL DATA BE KEPT FOR?
- INFORMATION THAT IS GATHERED FROM VISITORS
- WHAT ARE COOKIES?
- HOW THE INFORMATION IS USED
- SHARING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
- HOW WE PROTECT YOUR INFORMATION
- DO WE TRANSFER PERSONAL DATA outside the EU?
- YOUR INFORMATION RIGHTS
- THIRD PARTY CONTENT
- OPTING OUT OF COOKIES FROM OUR WEBSITE
- COOKIES AND OUR USE OF GOOGLE ANALYTICS
- YOUR ACCEPTANCE OF THESE TERMS
PERSONAL IDENTIFICATION INFORMATION
We may collect personal identification information from Users in a variety of ways, including, but not limited to, when Users visit our website, register on the website, place an order, subscribe to the newsletter, respond to a survey, fill out a form, and in connection with other activities, services, features or resources we make available on our website. Users may visit our website anonymously. We will collect personal identification information from Users only if they voluntarily submit such information to us. Users can always refuse to supply personally identification information, except that it may prevent them from engaging in certain website related activities.
For the purposes of data protection law, the “controller” is Chocolate Express, a company incorporated and registered in Jersey under company number 69169 and having its registered office address 83-85 Central Market, Halkett Place, St Helier, JE2 4WL, Jersey (from now on referred to as “Chocolate Express”, or as “we” and related words such as “us” and “our”). Our registered Import VAT pre-paid Authorisation number is 121.
As a controller, we are responsible for processing your personal data. We are registered as a data controller with the Office of the Information Commissioner, Brunel House, Old Street, St Helier, Jersey, JE2 3RG Information Commissioner’s Office, which is Jersey’s supervisory authority for data protection matters.
WHAT DO WE USE YOUR PERSONAL DATA FOR?
In the course of our business, which is the sale of chocolates and confectionary, in our shops and online, we collect the following personal data when you have given us your explicit consent, to keep you informed of current offers and products we have:
personal details, such as name, username
contact data, such as delivery address, billing address, e-mail address, phone number(s)
biographical data from job applications and CVs, such as employment history
transaction data, such as details about payments to and from you
technical data, such as your login data
HOW DO WE USE YOUR PERSONAL DATA?
We will only use your personal data when the law allows us to. Most commonly, we will use your personal data in the following circumstances:
to allow you to register an account
to perform a contract we are about to enter into or have entered into with you
if it is necessary for our legitimate interests (or those of a third party) and these are not overridden by your own rights and interests
where we need to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation.
In order to process personal data, we must have a lawful reason (sometimes called a lawful basis). We always ensure that this is the case, and we set out our lawful bases below – but please note that more than one may apply at any given time: for example, if we inform you of changes to our privacy notice, we may process your personal data on the ground of complying with law and on the ground of legitimate interests.
If you are our customer or applying for a job, we will process your personal data for the following purposes, on the legal basis that it is necessary for us to provide our products and services to you. Of course, you are not obliged to provide us with any of this information, but if you chose not to, we may be unable to provide the product or service that you have requested.
We process your personal information for our legitimate business purposes, which include the following:
- to conduct and manage our business
- to identify suspicious purchasing activity (for example, where a card has been used for high-volume and/or high-value purchases or where cardholder and deliver addresses differ) – however, we do not make automated decisions on the basis of such profiling
- to allow you to review a product you have purchased
- to deal with complaints
- to let you know about our products, services, promotions or events that we consider may be of interest to you (and which may be tailored to your interests as construed from your purchase history). We do this only where you have provided us with a preferred means of contact for this purpose. We carry out this processing on the legal basis that we have a legitimate interest in marketing our products and services, and only to the extent that we are permitted to do so by applicable direct marketing laws. You can opt out of receiving this information by unsubscribing from our emails.
Whenever we process your personal data for these purposes, we ensure that your interests, rights and freedoms are carefully considered.
Compliance with laws
We may process your personal data in order to comply with applicable laws (for example, if we are required to co-operate with an investigation pursuant to a court order).
If you have never purchased from us or have not purchased from us for a long time, but have given us your explicit consent to hear from us about our products, services, promotions or events that we consider may be of interest to you, we will contact you by email. You have the right to withdraw consent to marketing at any time.
DO WE NEED YOUR PERSONAL DATA – AND IF SO – WHY?
To form a contract with you, we will need some or all of the personal data described above so that we can perform that contract or the steps that lead up to it: this is set out above in this notice. If we do not receive the data, the contract could not be performed.
If you sign up to our mailing list, you will have to provide certain personal data. Of course, you may decide to stop receiving our mailings at any time.
HOW LONG WILL YOUR PERSONAL DATA BE KEPT FOR?
We carefully consider the personal data that we store, and we will not keep your information in a form that identifies you for longer than is necessary for the purposes set out in this notice or as required by applicable law.
INFORMATION THAT IS GATHERED FROM VISITORS
In common with other websites, log files are stored on the web server saving details such as the visitor’s IP address, browser type, referring page and time of visit. This information is not used to track individual visitors to this website.
Cookies may be used to remember visitor preferences when interacting with the website.
WHAT ARE COOKIES?
Cookies are small digital signature files that are stored by your web browser that allow your preferences to be recorded when visiting the website. Also they may be used to track your return visits to the website.
Where registration is required, the visitor’s email and a username will be stored on the server.
HOW THE INFORMATION IS USED
Cookies may be used to enhance the visitor’s experience when using the website and/or to enable a shopping basket system or features such as expanding menus. These session cookies expire after a browser session so would not be stored longer term. For this reason session cookies may sometimes be considered less privacy intrusive than persistent cookies. They are sometimes known as benign cookies.
SHARING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We do not sell, trade, or rent Users personal identification information to others. We may share generic aggregated demographic information not linked to any personal identification information regarding visitors and users with our business partners, trusted affiliates and advertisers for the purposes outlined above. We may use third party service providers to help us operate our business and the website or administer activities on our behalf, such as sending out newsletters or surveys. We may share your information with these third parties for those limited purposes provided that you have given us your permission.
E-mail may be sent to inform you of news of our services or offers. You will always be given the chance to opt out of any periodic mailings.
If you have subscribed to one of our email services, you may unsubscribe by following the instructions which are included in e-mail that you receive.
HOW WE PROTECT YOUR INFORMATION
We adopt appropriate data collection, storage and processing practices and security measures to preserve data integrity, and to regulate access to the data, protecting against unauthorised access, data loss, alteration, disclosure or destruction of your personal information, username, password, transaction information and data stored on our website.
Our website operates on a secure linux server which is updated on a daily basis with any operating system updates or security patches that need applying.
Only authorised Chocolate Express employees and third parties processing data on our behalf have access to your personal data.
All Chocolate Express employees who have access to your personal data are required to adhere to the Chocolate Express Privacy Notice and we have in place contractual safeguards with our third-party data processors to ensure that your personal data is processed only as instructed by Chocolate Express.
Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
We take all reasonable steps to keep your data safe and secure and to ensure the data is accessed only by those who have a legitimate interest to do so. Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to us. Any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your personal data, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorized access.
DO WE TRANSFER PERSONAL DATA outside the EU?
Although we are based in Jersey, we may transfer your personal information to a location (for example, to a secure server) outside the European Economic Area, if we consider it necessary or desirable for the purposes set out in this notice.
In such cases, to safeguard your privacy rights, transfers will be made to recipients to which a European Commission “adequacy decision” applies (this is a decision from the European Commission confirming that adequate safeguards are in place in that location for the protection of personal data), or will be carried out under standard contractual clauses that have been approved by the European Commission as providing appropriate safeguards for international personal data transfers, or by the adoption of EU-US Privacy Shield.
YOUR INFORMATION RIGHTS
We draw your attention to your following rights under data protection law:
- right to be informed about the collection and use of your personal data
- right of access to your personal data, and the right to request a copy of the information that we hold about you and supplementary details about that information – you will be asked to provide proof of your identify and residential address, and we may ask you to provide further details to assist us in the provision of such information
- right to have inaccurate personal data that we process about you rectified – we want to ensure that the personal information that we process and retain about you is accurate, so please do remember to tell us about any changes, for example if you have moved house or changed your contact details. It is your responsibility to ensure you submit true, accurate, and complete information to us; please also update us in the event this information changes.
- right of erasure – in certain circumstances you have the right to have personal data that we process about you blocked, erased or destroyed
- the right to object to, or restrict:
- – processing of personal data concerning you for direct marketing
- – decisions being taken by automated means which produce legal effects concerning you or that similarly significantly affect you
- – in certain other situations, to our continued processing of your personal data
- the right of portability of your data in certain circumstances.
You will not have to pay a fee to access your personal data (or to exercise any of the other rights). However, we may charge a reasonable fee if your request is clearly unfounded, repetitive or excessive. Alternatively, we may refuse to comply with your request in these circumstances.
These rights are subject to certain limitations that exist in law. Further information about your information rights is available on the ICO’s website: https://oicjersey.org/
THIRD PARTY CONTENT
Users may find advertising or other content on our website that links to the websites and services of our partners, suppliers, advertisers, sponsors, licensors and other third parties. We do not control the content or links that appear on these websites and are not responsible for the practices employed by websites linked to or from our website. In addition, these websites or services, including their content and links, may be constantly changing. These websites and services may have their own privacy policies and customer service policies. Browsing and interaction on any other website, including websites which have a link to our website, is subject to that website’s own terms and policies.
OPTING OUT OF COOKIES FROM OUR WEBSITE
You may be able to block cookies via your browser settings but this may prevent you from access to certain features of the website.
COOKIES AND OUR USE OF GOOGLE ANALYTICS
If a page of our website contains a link to the Google Analytics tracking code we are using Google, as a third party vendor of visitor logging.
These cookies are used to collect information about how visitors use our website. We use the information to compile reports and to help us improve the website. The cookies collect information in an anonymous form, including the number of visitors to the website, where visitors have come to the website from and the pages they visited.
We do not share personal data with Google.
YOUR ACCEPTANCE OF THESE TERMS
By using this website, you signify your acceptance of this policy and terms of service. If you do not agree to this policy, please do not use our website. Your continued use of the website following the posting of changes to this policy will be deemed your acceptance of those changes.